In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Just a Dream.”
You’re having a nightmare, and have to choose between three doors. Pick one, and tell us about what you find on the other side.
In my dream…..I’m running through the forest my legs are pumping faster than I’ve ever ran. The tree branches are scratching my arms. The blood is starting to ooze from the wounds. It’s dripping on the forest floor. My hair is mussed with bits of dried needles and twigs. The birdsongs, the chatter of baby dragons, the bubble of the stream nearby no longer gives me joy. The king will find me! The shifter guards must smell the blood by now.
I can’t find the portal. The old dragon shifter told me the portal was here. I thought she wanted me to be her daughter in law but she helped me escapee. Why?
The sweat was starting to run down my back. Gross! I’ve got to get out of this dome under the sea. Atlantis isn’t the perfect magical kingdom the ancient scholars wrote about. I’ll never be a queen in this land.
Finally, I see the portal but why are there three? That old dragon shifter didn’t tell me about this. The Alantian king will never let me go. I must go through one of the three portals or be his forever.
Which one is the way out of this nightmare?
I choose the one that looks new. Its bright pink color calls to me. I hope it gets me home. The Atlantis court is no place for a small town girl like me.
I see my house ahead…I’m home
I wonder will he find me? A part of me hopes he finds me but without the royal court to mess us up.
- Arriving at the beach, she reflected on her life.
- Under the Lake
- Not of this world
- Friday Fictioneers- Atlantis Portal
- Daily Prompt – 32 flavors
- Murphy’s Law
- Daily Post- I want to know what love is
- Daily Prompt – Study Abroad
- Daily Prompt- Set It Right
- Friday Fictioneers – Atlantis Mushrooms
- Daily Prompt- Just a Dream
- Daily Prompt- In Loving Memory
- Daily Prompt- Circle of Five
- Daily Prompt- Plead the Fifth
- Friday Fictioneers – 2/27/2014
- Daily Prompt- Fight or Flight
- Daily Prompt- Cut off
My Amazon Book Lists- Paranormal, Futuristic, Fantasy Romance Stuff